Gluten Free Halloween Cupcake Recipes
I just love cupcakes – they are little celebrations that fit in the palm of your hand. Individual cakes all your own – no sharing required. I have seen cupcakes that are incredible edible works of art.
And speaking of art – is there anything more endearing than kid art? Oh how I love the fridge door artwork my boys used to make. So why not let your little owns create their own edible artwork with some gluten-free Halloween Cupcakes so easy to decorate even I (who am hopelessly pastry bag challenged) can do it. Keep it easy and make some gluten-free cupcakes with your favorite mix and for frosting, Betty Crocker’s ready made frostings are all gluten-free. This way the kids can be involved in the whole process.
That snooty male judge on Cupcake Wars may not give these high marks, but your kids will love them and best of all, you will have fun making them!
To give boxed gluten-free cupcakes a little more of a homemade taste add 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract to white cake mix and 1 teaspoon dried espresso or coffee crystals (decaf is fine) and 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract to chocolate.
Click here to see my cooking demonstration of these recipes on Daytime TV!
Vampire Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 can gluten-free cherry pie filling
- Gluten free cupcakes (any flavor) - cooled
- White gluten free frosting
- Gummy fangs
- Pour the pie filling into the blender and puree until smooth. Using a sharp knife, insert at an angle and cut out a cone-shaped piece of the cake.
- Fill the hole with pureed cherry pie filling.
- Cut off the tip of the cone, and place the piece of cake back into the hole, covering the filling and creating a smooth top. Frost the cupcakes, smoothing the top.
- Place a gummy fang on top of the frosting and stick a tooth pick into some cherry pie filling.
- Put a drop of pie filling at the tip of each fang.
Spider Web Cupcakes Recipe
- Gluten Free Cupcakes (any flavor) - cooled
- Gluten Free White Frosting
- Black or Orange Cake Decorating Gel
- Plastic Spider Rings or Gummy Spiders
- Frost the cupcakes and smooth out the top.
- Draw three concentric circles on top of the cupcakes with the decorating gel. They don't have to be perfect - obviously!
- Take a toothpick and draw it through the circles; start at one point and draw the line from the center out, draw the next one from the outside towards the center, alternating as you go.
- Top with plastic spider ring (then you get jewelry with your cake!) or a spider gummy.
Halloween Cat Cupcakes Recipe
- Gluten-free cupcakes (any flavor), cooled
- Gluten-free Chocolate Frosting
- Kinnikinnick KinniToos - quartered
- Green or Yellow Jelly Beans
- Black Jelly Beans
- *Licorice Strips or Gluten Free Pretzel Sticks
- Frost the cupcakes, smoothing the top.
- Place two cookie quarters for the ears, two green or yellow jelly beans for the eyes, a black jelly bean for the nose and three licorice strips on each side for the whiskers.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.