Perfectly Pink Vanilla Buttercream
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon beet powder
- 1 ½ cups (3 sticks) butter or Earth Balance buttery sticks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons non-dairy milk or milk.
- In a small bowl, gently mix the beet powder with the water.
- Let it sit while mixing the other frosting ingredients.
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter or buttery sticks.
- Add the vanilla bean paste.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar one cup at a time.
- Beat on medium speed. When all of the sugar has been mixed in, add the non-dairy milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
- By hand, stir in the beet paste.
- Turn the mixer back on and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, approximately 5 minutes.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.