Summer Berry Dessert Soup
- 1½ pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped
- ½ pound mixed summer berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Fresh mint leaves and honey, for garnish
- Combine the berries, lemon juice, and sugar in a large container and let it sit (macerate) for an hour in the refrigerator. This will help bring out the juices of the berries. Then puree the berries in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, beat the mascarpone with a hand mixer until light and smooth. Add in the whipped cream and mix until well incorporated.
- Serve the soup in chilled bowls and top with the mascarpone cream. Garnish with fresh mint and honey.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.