Servings: 6 cups
- 8 large apples peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice from about 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place the apple wedges into the bottom of your cooker.
- Add the lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Pour in the vanilla and stir in the sugar and water.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- When the apples are super tender, mash with a potato masher or large fork.
- If you would prefer a very smooth texture, you may puree it in a blender in batches.
- Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream if desired, or serve cold.
- Freeze in small containers to have applesauce year round!
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Vitamin A 130IU3%
Vitamin C 15.1mg18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.