Pumpkin Sunflower Freezer Bites
For the pumpkin base:
- ½ cup coconut butter (see ingredient tip at end of recipe)
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
For the sunflower swirl:
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- ½ ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons virgin coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
Make the pumpkin base:
- In a small pot over low heat, combine the coconut butter, honey, and coconut oil.
- Whisk constantly until everything is melted.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Transfer to the lined baking dish and spread it out evenly.
Make the sunflower swirl:
- In a small pot over low heat, combine the sunflower seed butter, chocolate, honey, and coconut oil.
- Whisk constantly until melted and smooth.
- Drop the mixture in small spoonfuls over the pumpkin layer.
- Using the tip of a knife, gently swirl the sunflower mixture into the pumpkin mixture in small figure-eight motions.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds over the top, if using.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours until firm.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- Store the squares in an airtight container in the freezer. Serve slightly thawed.
Makes 16 squares
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.