2 hrs 30 mins
Course: Side Dish
Servings: 10 Servings
Calories: 108 kcal
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 1 8×8-inch pan of baked gluten-free cornbread (use your favorite boxed mix or recipe)
- 4 slices gluten-free bread with crusts
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 onion peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup salted butter melted
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 2¼ cups chicken or vegetable broth divided use
Use a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed well with cooking spray.
Cut the cornbread into 1-inch cubes and cut the bread slices into 8 pieces each.
Toast the bread cubes on a large cookie sheet in the oven at 300ºF for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. You may do this the night before, if desired.
Put the chopped vegetables into your slow cooker and add the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Whisk together the melted butter and eggs.
Stir into the cooker to combine.
Gingerly fold in the bread cubes. They will crumble a bit and that’s okay.
Add 2 cups of the broth and stir one more time.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for about 5 hours. You may leave your stuffing on the “warm” setting for an additional 2 hours. If desired, add a bit more broth before serving for additional moisture and a bit more salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 108 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3g15%
Vitamin A 345IU7%
Vitamin C 5.1mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.