Cinnamon Fig Spread
- 10 ounces dried Black Mission figs, stemmed and chopped small (about 2 cups)
- 1½ cups water, plus ¼ cup more if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Bring the figs, 1½ cups water, honey, and cinnamon stick to a boil in a medium pot over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and the figs are tender, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Transfer the fig mixture to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the lemon juice and process until smooth, adding up to ¼ cup more water if desired to thin out the spread.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Makes about 2 cups
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.