Holiday Marshmallow Pops
- 16 lollipop sticks
- 16 large gluten-free marshmallows
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Red and green food coloring (optional)
- Gluten-free holiday sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Insert the lollipop sticks into the marshmallows.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- To make the coating, mix together the powdered sugar, shortening, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Microwave for 20 seconds and stir.
- Microwave for an additional 10 seconds, until smooth and semi-liquid.
- Divide the coating into different bowls to make multiple colors.
- Add food coloring 2-3 drops at a time. Stir well.
- Dip the marshmallows into the coating to cover.
- Gently tap off excess on the side of the bowl.
- Coat with sprinkles and place on the parchment-lined baking sheet. You may need to reheat the coating mixture as you go, as it thickens quickly.
- Let the pops set in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
Makes 16 pops
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.