- ½ cup almond butter (chunky works great here)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 1/3 cup orange juice (preferably with heavy pulp)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped cilantro
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, honey, tahini, orange juice, lime juice, tamari or coconut aminos, ginger, cilantro, and salt.
- Stir in the cabbage and carrots.
- Refrigerate for at least several hours to let the flavors settle and meld.
Note: Some brands of tahini are stronger than others so if the salad seems too tangy, add a little extra honey!
Makes 6 servings
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.