- 1 (4-5 pound) beef chuck roast
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker insert and add the salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for about 6 hours. Your meat is finished cooking when it has relaxed and begun to lose shape. If your meat isn’t finished after the allotted cooking time, you can “help” by cutting the roast into a few pieces, then continuing to slow cook on high for another hour.
- Shred the meat completely using two forks.
- Cool and store in meal-sized portions in freezer bags or airtight plastic containers.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g25%
Vitamin A 290IU6%
Vitamin C 1.1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.