Maple Glazed Squash with Confetti Slaw
- 2 large acorn squashes, halved lengthwise and seeded
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- ½ cup organic maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- ½ small head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
Place the squash cut side up on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2½ tablespoons of the olive oil and the maple syrup.
Roast for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Then cut into ½-inch pieces. Toss the squash in a large bowl with remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil, arugula, cabbage, cashews, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with the cheese.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.