Gluten Free Mudslide Pie Recipe – Five Ingredients!
If you still haven’t figured out just how you are going to show Dad how special he is and how much you love him, might I suggest you make him a pie? Honestly, isn’t a pie so much nicer than a tie? (All of a sudden I am tempted to make all my sentences rhyme – fortunately for you, I will resist the urge!)
The first pie I ever made for my Dad was when I was 8 years old. I had been given a Betty Crocker Juniors Cookbook for my 8th birthday. My Dad was stationed overseas for a year and when I found out he was coming home for a few days leave, I decided to make him a recipe from my very own cookbook. I chose a pie recipe that was simple enough for me to make with just a little bit of help from my Mom.
This five ingredient Gluten Free Mudslide Pie is a similar type of recipe – easy enough for the kids to do. If you don’t want your kids using the food processor, place the chocolate vanilla sandwich cookies (I used Kinnikinnick K-Toos) in a large food storage bag, give them a rolling pin and let them go to town pounding the cookies into crumbs. Better they pound the cookies than their brother anyway, right?
Make sure you leave enough time for the pie to freeze fully – you can make it a couple days ahead or the morning of Father’s Day of you plan to serve in the evening..
Gluten Free Mudslide Pie Recipe
- 22 Kinnikinnick gluten-free chocolate vanilla sandwich cookies K-Toos, divided use
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 6 cups coffee ice cream softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream whipped
- ¼ cup gluten-free caramel syrup
- Place 19 cookies (filling and all) into a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until ground into fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse several times to combine. Dump the mixture into a 9-inch, deep-dish pie pan and press firmly and evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread the softened ice cream into the frozen pie crust and smooth the top. Freeze for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Coarsely crush the remaining 3 cookies. Spread the whipped cream over the ice cream layer, sprinkle the crushed cookies on top, and drizzle with some caramel syrup.
- Serve immediately or store in the freezer until ready to eat.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.