Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Soup
If you’ve never tried the combination of cauliflower and bacon, allow me to introduce you to one of the hottest culinary couples around. Cauliflower is the healthy one and bacon is the bad boy and together they balance each other wonderfully. They say opposites attract, and that’s often the case when it comes to food – sweet and salty, sweet and spicy, etc.
If you’re ready for fantastic flavor, look no further than this Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Soup. It only uses 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper) and cooks in about 30 minutes. Serve this for the holidays as a starter or any time you’re craving comfort food but want simplicity.
Gluten Free Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Soup Recipe
- 8 ounces bacon chopped
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower cored and broken into small florets
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a Dutch oven or stock pot, fry the bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the fat has rendered and the bacon is crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and reserve.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat. Add the onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds, stirring. Add the cauliflower and chicken broth, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Cover the pot, reduce the heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup in batches until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be made ahead up to this point and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Reheat over medium heat before serving.)
- Garnish the soup with the reserved bacon pieces
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.