Apple-Pecan Bread Pudding
- Gluten-free nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups toasted gluten-free bread cubes approximately 8 slices
- 2 medium tart green apples peeled, cored, and diced
- ¼ cup butter or dairy-free butter substitute melted
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups milk or dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
Use a 2-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray (or use an inserted loaf pan and water bath as described in the Steel Cut Oatmeal recipe).
Put the toasted bread cubes into your cooker and add the diced apples. Toss the bread and apples with the melted butter. Sprinkle in the pecans, raisins, and brown sugar. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and pumpkin pie spice. Pour evenly over the top. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for about 2½ hours. Your bread pudding is finished cooking when it has browned on top and pulled away from the sides. The center should be set and not jiggly. Serve warm.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.