Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion sliced
- ½ pound chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
- 2/3 cup gluten-free barbecue sauce divided use*
- 1 large or 2 small gluten-free pizza crusts
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes for topping, optional
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the onions and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken and continue to sauté, stirring in 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, until the chicken is cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
Place the pizza crust(s) on a baking sheet or pizza stone. Spread with the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Top with the chicken and onion mixture. Top with the shredded cheeses. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is bubbling. Top with crushed red pepper flakes to taste, if using, and serve.
We used Sweet Baby Ray’s honey barbecue sauce.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.