Shape this into a ball and roll it in the cookie crumbs for a traditional cheeseball look or form into a mound on a small platter with the cookie crumbs sprinkled over to look like a freshly dug grave.
2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 12 people
Calories: 291 kcal
- 8 ounces cream cheese or dairy-free cream cheese substitute at room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter or dairy-free butter substitute at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely crushed gluten-free chocolate cookie crumbs
- Gluten-free vanilla wafer cookies or graham crackers for serving
Combine the cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla and beat until fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days ahead.
Either form into a ball and roll it in the cookie crumbs or shape into a mound, place on a small platter, and cover with the cookie crumbs.
Serve with cookies or graham crackers on the side
Amount Per Serving
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 11g55%
Vitamin A 530IU11%
Vitamin C 0.1mg0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.