Veggie Halloween “Candy” with Ranch Dressing
Instead of the same old boring vegetable platter, serve your veggies in small treat bags. Each person can grab their own bag. Serve the dip either in small bowls or miniature pumpkins for extra fun. Choose vegetables that are firm or can be kept whole, such as carrots, radishes, peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- 1½ cups mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk or dairy-free buttermilk substitute see page 76
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 pounds assorted chopped vegetables of choice
- 12 Halloween treat bags
Combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic and onion powders, salt, pepper, and chives in a small mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 3 days. Serve in small bowls or mini treat bowls.
Mix the vegetables together and divide among the treat bags. Refrigerate until serving time.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.