Roasted Onion Salad with Creamy Almond Dressing Recipe
Salads are one of my favorite go-to options for healthy eating. When cooler weather arrives, I love adding some warm seasonal vegetables into the mix to turn refreshing salads into savory, fall-inspired dishes!
When fall arrives, I love adding some warm seasonal vegetables like onions to my salads!
- 4 large white onions peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons creamy well-stirred almond butter
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Water as needed
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place the onion quarters on top. Pour the oil onto the onions and use your hands to thoroughly coat them.
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes or until the onions are tender and golden brown.
Meanwhile, combine the cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, salad greens, sunflower seeds, and dried cherries in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk the almond butter and orange juice. Add water, if needed, to create a dressing consistency. Drizzle over the salad mixture and toss to combine. Add the roasted onions and serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.