Little’s Cuisine Chili Cheese Dog
Want to know what I haven’t had in years? … A chili cheese dog!
This is probably because I know that the ingredients in most hot dogs are not the healthiest for you. But, times have changed and there are some brands that offer gluten free hot dogs with all-natural, organic ingredients. That said, I recently got a few seasonings from Little’s Cuisine (see my post about their Blood Mary Seasoning Mix here). One of the packets was for their Original Chili Seasoning Mix, so I thought, why not make a gluten free chili cheese dog and satisfy this craving?!
Low and behold, I found a simple recipe on their website and was soon in chili cheese dog heaven! I did grill my hot dog rather than cook it per the recipe directions, but that’s because it was a beautiful, cool day here. If you’re still in the midst of a frigid winter, cooking the hot dog on the stovetop is just fine, but if the weather permits, I recommend grilling it.
Just to give you the rundown on what makes Little’s Cuisine special: the company makes artisan seasoning mixes that are gluten free and contain no artificial ingredients or added MSG. They are also kosher and Non-GMO Project verified. Their hallmark seasoning is the original chili mix, but they offer a variety of others, including Italian herb, Sloppy Joe mix, and more.
Gluten Free Chili Cheese Dog Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup water
- 1 package Little's Cuisine Chili Seasoning Mix
- 6 gluten free all natural hot dogs
- 6 gluten free hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, brown the beef or turkey with water on medium-high heat. Lower heat and add chili seasoning mix. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add hot dogs to a saucepan of boiling water and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. (My note: Alternatively, you can grill the hot dogs.)
- Fill buns with hot dogs. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Recipe by Little’s Cuisine
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owner’s. This blog accepts free manufacturers’ samples and forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Affiliate links may be included in this post.