Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple Skewers Recipe
For these teriyaki chicken & pineapple skewers, enlist the kids’ help. What kid doesn’t love poking things with sharp sticks? These are simple and full of flavor … perfect for a weekend cookout!
- ¼ cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, cut into large cubes
- 1 fresh pineapple , cut into cubes (or 1-2 cans in juice)
- 12 skewers
- 1 bunch green onion (green tops only), diced
- Cauliflower rice , for serving (optional)
Mix the honey, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, and onion powder in a bowl. Alternating between chicken and pineapple, place all the pieces on the skewers.
Using a pastry brush or spoon, brush the sauce onto the chicken. Place on a medium-heat grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning every minute or so to brush on more sauce. Garnish skewers with green onion and serve as-is or with cauliflower rice, if desired.
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes prior to use, to prevent them from burning.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.