Gluten-Free Beer Braised Turkey with Potatoes
This Gluten-Free Beer Braised Turkey with Potatoes recipe is a delicious, wholesome dish that will be a hit at your dinner table.
For more recipes that use gluten-free beer or to read articles about gluten-free beer, check out our gluten-free beer page.
- 2 pounds potatoes , washed and quartered (no need to peel)
- 1 medium white or yellow onion , peeled and sliced
- 3 pounds turkey drumsticks
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or dairy-free butter substitute
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 lemon , juiced
- ½ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle gluten-free beer
Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the potatoes and onion into the bottom of the slow cooker insert and place the turkey legs on top (you can try to peel away some of the skin, if desired). Add melted butter, basil, lemon juice, and salt. Pour in the bottle of beer.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.