Ham & Cheese Breakfast for Dinner
This gluten-free Ham & Cheese Breakfast for Dinner Casserole contains five common ingredients (not including water, oil, salt, and pepper) and is made easily in the slow cooker. It covers the three things I look for when I contemplate a new dinner item: ease, comfort, and cost.
- 1 (30-ounce/850-gram) package frozen country potatoes with onion and peppers
- 10 large eggs - whisked
- 1 cup milk or dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese or dairy-free alternative
- 2 cups diced ham
Use a 6-quart slow cooker sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the entire bag of frozen country potatoes into the insert. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in cheese and ham. Pour this mixture evenly over the top of the potatoes.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours. Your casserole is finished when the top has begun to brown and pull away from the sides and the egg is fully cooked.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.