Spring Detox Salad Recipe
This Spring Detox Salad Recipe is loaded with fresh veggies, from carrots to cabbage to peas and broccoli, and topped with a strawberry tahini dressing.
Spring Detox Salad
Servings: 2 servings
For the strawberry tahini dressing:
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
For the salad:
- 10 ounces lettuce/mixed greens (I used sweet baby lettuce)
- 1 cup broccoli florets, diced into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup green peas (thawed if frozen), cooked
- 1 (15-ounce/425-gram) can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- 10-12 strawberries , chopped
- 1 large grapefruit , peeled and sliced
- Parmesan cheese or dairy-free Parmesan alternative , to taste
- Make the tahini dressing by blending all dressing ingredients together in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- In a large bowl or on a large serving platter, add the lettuce, broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, green peas, chickpeas, pistachios, and strawberries, then top with sliced grapefruit and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve with strawberry tahini dressing.
Spring Detox Salad
Amount Per Serving
Calories 1307 Calories from Fat 576
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 7g35%
Vitamin A 15235IU305%
Vitamin C 221.5mg268%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Disclaimer: All nutrition facts on Simply Gluten Free are meant only as a guide and may differ depending on product brands used or ingredient substitutions. Some errors may occur, so you are encouraged to confirm the recipe’s ingredient and nutrition suitability for your own diet.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.