Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon & Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Fried Rice
The fragrance and spice of ginger, the salty sweetness of sweet soy sauce, and the ever-so-flavorful hint of sesame oil combine in these two dishes to create a delicious meal. First up is Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon, a ridiculously simple main dish that bathes in marinade and broils to perfection in less than 10 minutes. After that we’ve got Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Fried Rice, a side dish that pairs with all sorts of main dishes. Put these two together and you have a perfect meal.
Both of these dishes were made with a variety of Kikkoman gluten-free sauces – sweet soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil for the salmon, and soy sauce, sweet soy sauce, and sesame oil for the cauliflower fried rice. It’s always a great idea to have a pantry stocked with gluten-free sauces so you can turn bland into brilliant with the tilt of a bottle!
I like to serve this meal with a side of edamame (in the shells) with gluten-free soy sauce for dipping.
Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon
- ¼ cup gluten free white miso paste
- ¼ cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Gluten Free Sweet Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon filets
- 2 green onions , finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds , for garnish
- Whisk together the miso paste, mirin, vinegar, sweet soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil. Place the salmon filets in a baking dish, pour the marinade over the salmon, turn the filets to fully coat, cover the dish and marinate for 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Position a rack 6 inches from the broiler. Preheat broiler to high. Line a broiling pan with foil and spray with cooking spray or brush with oil. Place the salmon filets on the prepared pan, brushing the tops with a layer of marinade. Discard the marinade. Broil for 6-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the filets. You can test the doneness of the filets by gently pressing down on the top of the filet with your finger or a fork. If the flesh flakes, it is done.
- Serve garnished with green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
Watch this recipe in action:
Sesame Ginger Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cauliflower rice (or 1 medium head cauliflower, grated – see note*)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions , white and green parts chopped and separated
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup baby peas , fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 tablespoon Kikkoman® Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kikkoman® Sesame Oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Gluten Free Sweet Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Cook the cauliflower rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the white part of the green onions, carrots, garlic, and ginger and carrots and cook, stirring, until softened but not browned, 3-4 minutes. Add the peas and cook for another minute. Add the cauliflower rice and cook, stirring, for another minute or two. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and cook, stirring just until everything is heated through and thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute. Add the sweet soy sauce and green parts of the green onions and stir. Top with sesame seeds and serve hot.
Watch this recipe in action:
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.