Gluten-Free Meyer Lemon Tart
This Gluten-Free Meyer Lemon Tart is grain free and Paleo-friendly. It’s bright, flavorful, and beautiful – making it an ideal dessert for springtime entertaining.
Meyer Lemon Tart
For the crust:
- 2½ cups (240 g) blanched almond flour
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (113 g) palm oil shortening, melted
For the filling:
- 5 egg yolks
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated maple sugar
- 2 Meyer lemons , zested and juiced
- ½ cup (113 g) grass-fed butter, melted
- ¼ cup (40 g) fresh berries, for garnish
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, combine the maple syrup and vanilla extract. In a small saucepan, melt the palm oil shortening, and add it to the wet ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly combined.
- Pat the dough into a 9-inch tart pan and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Remove the crust from the oven to cool.
Make the filling:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks and maple sugar together until smooth. Whisk in the lemon juice and most of the zest. (Reserve some of the zest for garnish.) In a double boiler, heat the mixture, whisking constantly until thick.
- Remove the filling from the heat, and whisk in the butter. Pour the filling into the center of the tart crust, and bake for 15 minutes at 325°F.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and garnish with lemon zest and fresh berries. Refrigerate until serving.
This recipe was featured in Simply Gluten Free Magazine. Get your subscription to the magazine and never miss an issue!
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.