Gluten-Free Breakfast Nachos
Breakfast doesn’t always have to be so traditional. Eggs, bacon and toast can step aside sometimes and allow for something fun and creative in the morning, like these Gluten-Free Breakfast Nachos.
Made with Xochitl corn tortilla chips and salsa, scrambled eggs, a blend of cheeses, and breakfast sausage, this is a great dish to start your day with. It has carbs, protein, comfort food elements, and some veggies from the salsa and avocado. This dish serves 6, which makes it great for large families or if you have overnight guests.
Check out more gluten-free breakfast recipes.
Gluten-Free Breakfast Nachos Recipe
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 6 ounces Xochitl Thin and Crispy Corn Chips
- 2 cups grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup crumbled queso fresco
- ½ cup Xochitl salsa of choice
- 1 avocado , diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the breakfast sausage according to package directions. Slice into coins and keep warm.
- Layer the chips into a large cast iron skillet or 9 by 12 inch baking dish. Top with the pepper jack and Mexican blend cheeses. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While the chips are in the oven, scramble the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until set to your liking.
- When the chips are done, scatter the sausages over the top, spoon on the eggs, top with the queso fresco, salsa, avocado, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.