Keto Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Casserole
With cheese three ways and cream two ways, this recipe is definitely not for the dairy intolerant! But, it’s gluten-free and keto-friendly, so if you fit those categories, read on. This Keto Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Casserole is an easy dish that is creamy, delicious, comforting, and full of flavor. It comes together quickly, in only about 30 minutes. Plus, the leftovers are great!
For this recipe, I used a few products from Pastene, a company that makes gluten-free pasta and other Italian-inspired products. Since this is keto, I didn’t use their pasta but instead used their Romano cheese, minced garlic, and baby artichokes. Delish! I used a rotisserie chicken for the cooked chicken in this recipe. My local grocery store’s rotisserie chicken is gluten-free, but be sure to check with the deli at your local store to ensure their rotisserie chicken is safe for you to eat. The rest of this is pretty self-explanatory.
What’s your favorite gluten-free casserole recipe?
Gluten-Free Keto Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Casserole Recipe
- Gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Pastene Grated Romano Cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar free mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Pastene minced garlic
- 1 (9.9 ounce) jar Pastene baby artichokes, chopped
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup mild or hot jarred banana pepper rings , chopped
- Kosher or fine sea salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. (Can also be baked in a 9 by 12 baking dish, it will just take about 5 minutes less time to cook.)
- Place the cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave the cream cheese for 2 minutes on high power. Stir in the Romano cheese, sour cream, heavy cream, and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the garlic, artichokes, chicken, spinach, and peppers. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Put the mixture into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top. Top with the provolone cheese slices and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.