Vegan Fiesta Fries
Friday is here! Let’s have a fiesta! And fries! Let’s have Vegan Fiesta Fries!
What are fiesta fries, you ask? Basically, they’re like loaded nachos but with French fries instead. My vegan fiesta fries are made with vegan queso from Loca Foods, and plant-based ground beef substitute. (If you’re only dairy-free but not vegan, you can sub in regular ground beef if you prefer.)
These fries are SO delicious and perfect for a Friday evening of binge-watching shows with the family or having friends over for a game of cards. You can top these based on your preferences, but I included a winning combo of tomatoes, onions, pickled jalapeño, cilantro, and spicy vegan mayo.
Check out more gluten-free vegan recipes.
Gluten-Free Vegan Fiesta Fries Recipe
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen French fries
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound plant-based ground beef substitute
- 1 (1-ounce) packet gluten free taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) jar LOCA Foods vegan queso
- 2 roma tomatoes , diced
- 2 green onions , sliced
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeño slices
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Drizzle of spicy vegan mayonnaise or vegan sour cream
- Cook the fries according to the package directions but leave them in the oven a couple extra minutes to get extra crispy.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Crumble in the plant-based beef substitute and brown, about 5 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Heat the queso over medium-low heat until hot.
- Place the fries on a serving platter, scatter the beef substitute all around, top with the queso, tomatoes, green onions, jalapeño slices, cilantro, and spicy mayo or sour cream. Serve hot.
Have you tried this recipe? Give it a star rating and let us know your thoughts in the Ratings & Reviews section below.